We look for an experienced senior backend engineer to take our backend and infrastructure to the next level. We've built a product that is changing the insurance industry, and we need you to make it even stronger!
What will you be doing?
You'll take over certain areas of our platform and will be responsible for all the technical decisions needed to grow the product and the technical team.
- Scale our architecture – We were invested in modern tech stack from the start. We run event-driven microservices on Google Cloud Platform, we leverage serverless and we aim for end-to-end type safety. You will define what comes next.
- Scale the team – We double in size every year. You will take part in hiring and mentoring new people and help us grow from ~20 people to 100+.
- Work with complex, sensitive data – We make no compromise when it comes to customer's privacy. You will deal with the challenging insurance data – ever evolving, loosely structured, deeply personal.
- Connect with stakeholders and iterate with them – This might be the most overlooked part of any software engineering job. At Feather, everyone cares about the end-user and you should, too. You'll be speaking to the whole chain, from our customers, to insurance experts, to your fellow engineers.
This is a Node.js role, but candidates that are switching from similar tech stacks (Python, Ruby, Elixir etc) are welcome. Ideally, you'll have:
- Previous experience in a similar role and a strong knowledge of the node.js ecosystem.
- Experience with statically typed languages. We love TypeScript, and we hope you do too!
- Previous experience with event-driven microservice systems and working with message brokers like Cloud Pub/Sub, Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Good understanding of Google Cloud Platform or any other cloud provider and experience with modern deploy stack – serverless, docker, kubernetes.
When was the last time you were pleasantly surprised by an insurance company? We bet the answer is never—and we've built Feather to change that.
We’re committed to creating a brand new insurance experience. We envision one without commission-hungry brokers, where our customers' best interests are always at the center.
We’re a small, but ambitious team and we’re crazy about fintech and insurance. Our company was founded in 2018 by Rob (CEO) and Vincent (CTO). Vincent was one of the first employees at N26, where he was instrumental in building and scaling their iOS app. Rob was previously working at McKinsey, where he consulted top insurance companies on how to improve their digital strategy.